Saturday, October 23, 2010

Adios to Swimming

Olivia stretching...ha!

Avery was a bit cold...Brad looks thrilled too.  

Today was the girls last swimming lesson and for now I am looking forward to the break. I love enrolling the girls in activities but enough is enough, I think our family has reached its breaking point, we have too much going on, and its taking a toll on the family, so that means we need to adjust and build in more downtime into our schedule. Works for me. But isn't it funny how I have to build in "do nothing" time...kinda pathetic, but you do what you gotta do.

Avery riding in the boat...just chillin.

And being that I am an honest blogger, I can tell you that my Mommy Feelings were hurt today. Olivia got her "report card" from swimming...let me set some context for you. Its a 3 year old Pike swimming class, I don't think my daughter is the next Michelle Phelps, it isn't competitive, its at the YMCA for crying out loud...and when we enroll her again we had planned on her repeating the Pike class for a third time, she just isn't comfortable enough in the water to move up. So with all of that context...lets see how you would feel...so I get her report card, a few of the "should be able to do" boxes weren't checked off, no big deal at all, didn't phase me, her teacher even wrote the word timid next to a few sections, again, didn't phase me. Then we get to the "Comments" section and she writes "Olivia missed a lot of classes"...excuse me lady? She missed the first class because we were in Northfield, she missed last weekend because Brad was in Bassett and she missed one other class because we were having a Yard Sale and she didn't want to go...people are busy, give me a break. She could have written "In light of Olivia missing a few classes, I think it would be best if she repeated the class, so she could get more pool time" or something like that...soften the blow lady, do I really want to put that report card in her baby book now? I was so fired up, I had to speak to someone, so I went to talk to the Supervisor, I framed it up like "I am not sure how to take that comment, or what it means, but it isn't something I would like to have front and center in Olivia's baby book, what is she going to take away from that?" The supervisor is about twelve and didn't know what to say, so she just looked at me. And on top of that...Olivia's teacher was giving out Halloween Bags of candy and Olivia didn't get one. Olivia kept asking me..."Where is my bag?", so I brought it up to the Supervisor...and she gave Olivia a bag. I felt like one of "those" Mom's but I just couldn't help it, I don't think I have been that protective of my child yet, and man was that emotion a strong one, it almost scared me how upset I got for her, I was sick about it the whole way home...

Olivia in da boat

No comments: