Monday, October 11, 2010

My Dancing Queen

Happy Columbus Day!! I happen to be a big fan of this holiday, namely because I get the day off, perk of working for a Bank. So Brad was a doll, got up with Avery at 5:30am (I have no idea what is going on with her sleep schedule these days, she is waking up screaming during the night, and waking very early). and let me sleep in, he also got Olivia up and got them both off to school so I could have a leisurely morning. I have a long list of things to do today to get me ready for a trip across the globe and get the girls ready for their trip to Bina and PawPaw's house.  I am very hopeful this is my last trip of the year. Traveling has become more difficult for the girls, saying goodbye gets harder and harder every single time, when they were younger it was harder on me and didn't phase them, but now it hurts us both equally.


I got ready and headed over to The Children's House to play with Avery for a little while, what a mistake that was. She was a mess from the time I got there until the time I left. She just wanted to go home with me, and she wouldn't calm down long enough to realize I wanted to play with her, she just screamed and screamed.


So I snuck upstairs to catch some of Olivia's second dance class, as soon as I got there she clamed up, she participated in all the group activities, but she wouldn't do the individual activities, I felt so bad that I ruined it for her. Her teacher said that she was great last week and it was just because I was there this week...I hope that's true and that she is really giving it a shot, she can be so shy and stubborn sometimes.



Playing Ring Around the Rosie - please note, Olivia is the only one in actual Dance Clothes...funny.


I then ran to Petco and Target to pick up a few things, and while this is "don't spend money on things you don't need" month, I did pick up a few Christmas Presents for the girls. And then on the way home, I stopped at Sheetz to get gas and a sub, and rammed the front of my Yukon into the big red barrier that blocks the gas pumps...awesome. So now there is a huge red scratch on the front left fender, so annoying. So now I have to find time to get an estimate to get that fixed, I shouldn't have a problem fitting that in....NOT.

Movie Recommendation: Life as We Know It, starring Josh Duhamel and Katherine Heigl, great movie. I cried my eyes out, and at the very same time found my new fake husband. Man oh Man is Josh a good looking man, and he can wear those sweatpants, boy, I tell you what, can he wear those sweatpants. Molly, Insley and I went to see it yesterday afternoon, and its funny because the three of us spend a lot of time talking about our own deaths and what would happen if we died, etc, so this was an interesting movie choice for us. I think about it a lot, someone else raising our girls if something happened to us, and just the thought brings tears to my eyes. I can't even imagine.

No comments: