Sunday, October 3, 2010

October: Operation Stop Spending Money

So Brad and I have declared October...only spend money if you ABSOLUTELY have to spend money month. We just paid off my Yukon and now we need to work on getting some of that money back into our savings account and that means...no more unnecessary spending. We figure this will give us an idea of how much money we spend when we are watching our expenses, and give us an idea of what we do with our money. We are really looking forward to having our formal living room turned into a first floor home office, but contractors and remodeling doesn't come cheap, so that means saving up and being responsible...three cheers for us.

Why is that when we make the decision to stop spending I think of all these things I want/need. Like a book on how to raise a toddler that doesn't want to listen to her Mother, or a toddler that uses the word NO like its going out of style (separate toddlers by the way). And of course DSW sent me a $20 off coupon...such a tease. And Brad is going out of town a few nights this week and that usually means I take the girls to McDonald's for dinner one night, but I guess that isn't going to happen. Our goal for the month is to pay our bills, buy groceries and only spend money on things we really need, lets hope we learn something from this exercise and that we don't go hog wild on November 1st when the month is over. Wish us luck.

Oh yeah and side note: We are having a Yard Sale on Saturday, I can't wait. I can't wait to clean EVERYTHING out of the garage and everything that doesn't sell is going straight to Goodwill. AMEN.

No comments: