Sunday, October 3, 2010

A New Journey

Brad and I have been talking about it for awhile, about wanting to bring the girls up in a Christian Home, and while Brad is very confident in his relationship with God, I am still working on it and so, we have decided to start attending Church on Sunday Mornings.  Insley tried out several churches during Lent this year and she landed on St. Mark's on Lucks Lane and so we gave it a shot this morning.  They have three services, 8am, 9:45am (Contemporary Service) and 11am (Children's Church), so this morning we decided we would give the 11am Service a shot to warm the girls up to the idea, that way Olivia could hang out with Zackie at Children's Church. While the 11am service isn't idea timing wise, it kinda takes up your whole day, because you can't do anything before church and by the time you get home its 12:30-12:45pm, time for lunch and then nap time, its ideal to introduce the girls to church with Children's Church (for Olivia only, Avery was in the Nursery and will be until she is 3), but after learning that the 9:45am service has Sunday School for Olivia, we might just give that a shot, the last thing I want is to be stressed sitting at church thinking about everything I need to get done, so we need to do what works best for our family.

The girls looked absolutely adorable, sporting their Baby Legs for the first time this Fall, Olivia decked out in a cute little corduroy dress and Avery in a long-sleeve pink Polo dress...I had every intention of taking photos of them before we left, but it didn't work out, so I thought for sure I would get a quick snapshot of them when we got home...but that is where my plan was foiled.

So we get to church, drop Avery off at the Nursery, pick up our pager just in case they need us and make out way to the Sanctuary to find Insley and Zack have saved us a seat close to the front so Olivia and Zack can easily scoot up to the front for the Children's Message and then make their way out for Children's Church. At first Olivia was a little timid, Brad had to sit upfront with her, but when it was time for the kids to head upstairs, Zack took her hand and they walked down the aisle together...it was precious. Everyone in the Church was just watching them walk together hand in hand. 35 minutes into the service the pager goes off...Brad and I look at each other and since he was sitting on the end, he got up and went to check on Avery. He came back about 5 minutes later shaking his head with a smirk on his face.  He leans in, whispers..."she had a major blow out, I had to give them my white t-shirt". I couldn't stop laughing. Just our luck...our first weekend at church!!! I was laughing for a few solid minutes, just thinking about her wearing his white t-shirt. Nothing would prepare me for how funny she looked when we picked her up. She had one BabyLeg on and one off, and the t-shirt was down to the floor, she looked like a little angel, they had cinched it with a rubber band in the back to gather some of the fabric so she could at least walk, it was a sight...


I apologize for the poor picture quality, we had to resort to Blackberry quality
I wish I could tell you I was saved after this experience, but like I told my Mother (who laughed at me), its going to take a special person to reach me, I want to be reached, I really do, but seriously, this gentleman just didn't do it for me. The good news is, he is a visiting Reverend, so I have my fingers crossed next week is much better. Insley seems to be pleased, and I trust her judgement, so I am going to give it the ol' college try.

1 comment:

The B's said...

Such a funny story about Avery! That is awesome that you guys are trying out the church. For a while I had a longing and couldn't get it "filled" until I found our church. I had to try our several one's until I found ours. You are welcome to try ours out if this one doesn't work for you.... we go to Swift Creek Baptist Church--I certainly understand that a church is something very personal and can be hard to find one that "fits" but we absolutely love ours. Great children's programs and lots of ways to get involved.