Friday, October 22, 2010

CaringBridge

For those of you familiar with CaringBridge you know that its full of moving stories that depending on the day leave you filled with hope and inspiration, and then again, on other days, leave you asking the million dollar question...why?

If you haven't been introduced to CaringBridge I hope its because your life hasn't needed it, but what are the odds of that these days? I feel like every other day someone else we know and love is getting a diagnosis they are far to young for...but in all seriousness, CaringBridge is a website that allows individuals and family members to essentially blog about their health struggles, its a great way to keep a journal of their days and keep family and friends up to date on their progress as well as their struggles.

Last Friday, so a week ago today one of our friend's Mother's lost her battle with Cancer, so I naturally thought I was done with CaringBridge for a little while, I could take a break from the daily check-ins to see how Maryellen was doing and whether she had left us for a better place, but no such luck.  Brad grew up with a kid named Dustin, his parents and Brad's parents were and are the best of friends. Dusty lives here in Richmond and a few years ago married a lovely girl named Kristin, just this past week she got some shocking and scary news. She has a large cancerous tumor growing on her spine. She is too young for this, Maryellen was far too young to lose her battle...I feel like every time I turn around another Cancer story is touching my life, and while their passion for life, courage and strength move me, frankly, I wish I could find something else in my life to move me that way and that these people could be spared the pain and suffering that this bloody disease causes. I hate it. There is no other way to describe how I feel about it, no big words, no powerful statements to make, I just hate it.

You can follow Kristin's story here if you want, I know she could use your prayers...

No comments: