Monday, February 6, 2012

Menu Monday: "Christmas Crack"

First of all, this yummy goodness needs a new name, Christmas Crack, just isn't working for me, but I'll tell you what IS working for me, is the 4 simple ingredients you throw together to make this delectable dessert, it is easy-peasy.


1) 1 cup of Dark Brown Sugar (or light if that is all you have) into a measuring cup and transfer into a sauce pan on the stove
1b) Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees

2) Add 2 Stickers of Butter to Brown Sugar (located in sauce pan)



3) Line a jelly roll pan (which to me is a cookie sheet with tiny walls so liquid doesn't spill off the sides, I don't actually know what a jelly roll is) with tin foil and then put down a single layer of Club Crackers or Saltines (I used Reduced Fat Club Crackers - ya know, the ones in the green box that taste like buttery goodness?)

4) Boil Brown Sugar and Butter mixture for 3 minutes and pour over layer of crackers

5) Bake crackers for 10 minutes on 350 degrees

6) Remove crackers from stove and spread 12oz of Chocolate Chips over crackers, wait for them to melt a bit and then spread out so the entire layer is covered.


7) Place jelly roll pan in the freezer for 2 hours

8) Remove from freezer, crack into pieces and enjoy.  Keep in the fridge when not consuming.



Ingredients:
1 cup dark brown sugar - packed tight (I used light, not sure how much of a difference is makes)
2 sticks of butter
1.5 sleeves of Club Crackers or Saltines - enough to cover entire layer
12 oz chocolate chips - I used more, but might not have needed to

I found this recipe on Pinterest, but more specifically on MadinCrafts Blog, I can't get enough of the recipes I find on Pinterest, the desserts just look amazing. I can't wait to start trying them, you know, when I lose 40 more lbs, acquire the metabolism of a marathon runner and free up some extra hours in my day...

No comments: