Monday, February 20, 2012

A day of thrifting fun...

One of the random things I spotted at Love of Jesus Thrift Store - I think I might have snorted at first sight.

but I am sad to report no finds for this thifting gal, Molly however did manage to snag a kids craft table and two chairs (I am patting myself on the back just a bit since I spotted them for her). 


Stop #1 - Midlothian Turnpike - interesting spot to say the least

Molly gave me the idea to capture all of our adventures on "film", so I attempted to take photos of some of the places we went and some of the more interesting finds I came across.


We need to frequent this place, their photos on FB tell me that it is just a matter of time before we score big here.

How funny are these chairs? We saw them at Diversity Thrift, they must have had 50 of them - we thought they were teeny tiny.
Several weeks ago we decided that we needed a day to ourselves, a day to take our time and browse the thrift and consignment stores throughout the Richmond Metro Area. We are always amazed by the finds people stumble across in blog land and even more so inspired by the ones our blog pal Richmond Thrifter seems to uncover, so we figured we owed it to ourselves to take a day and thrift until our hearts were content.

Mostly clothes, not likely to return here for thrifting, but we did see a few PBK crib sets here in case folks are in the market.

We did decide after the second stop that key to thrifting is likely being consistent and a regular thrifter, the occasional stop at a Goodwill here and there isn't likely going to score you the big ones! Oh well, we will get better at it, we had a blast so we are going to make it our goal to do it at least once every few months.

Mechanicsville - where Molly found the chairs!!

We started our morning at Panera for a little breakfast to fuel our thrifting energy, and then hit several stores before we broke for lunch, which was at Kitchen 64, which disappointed, sad to say. Molly had the worst plate of nachos we have ever encountered and my grilled cheese with bacon, which is usually good was ruined with soggy, undercooked bacon. WOOF.  We did enjoy each others company and our Diet Cokes were delicious.



My only purchase were these super simple, yet classic glass knobs from Feathernesters.  They were under $3.00 each and I plan for them to spruce up the refinished armoire, which I hope to share with all of you this week.

Neat place, cute things...prices are all over the place.


I loved this Coat Hanger, but I wasn't sure where I would put it, so I didn't get it, but once we redo the Entry Way something like this just might have a home.


Scariest Award - what in the world is this frightful thing and who would buy it?

We stopped at a few Salvation Army stores too, but found their pricing to be all over the price, some of those fake wood bookshelf things you can buy at Wal-Mart for $20 were $30 at the Salvation Army, it was very confusing. And we also hit up Class & Trash, but no luck there either. There is always next time!!

No comments: