Sunday, February 19, 2012

Was that a Firetruck?

Quick funny Avery story before I head upstairs to bed...

Poor Quality iPhone image, but in PJ's, so it sets the stage...

Here is the setting: Avery is climbing into her bed, protesting, grunting and grumbling the entire way and as she reaches to pull herself up, she lets out a tiny little toot...I am sitting in the hallway in the doorway folding clothes, I immediately start to chuckle to myself, but I had no idea how funny the next few seconds were going to turn out to be.

Avery: What the heck was that?

Me: (laughing harder now)

Brad: (who is on the landing almost downstairs, clearly heard it) What was that?

A few seconds of silence goes by...but I am still laughing, just the silent laughter.

Avery: Hmmm, must have been a firetruck driving by

Me: (still laughing, still on the floor, but I now have tears streaming down my face I am laughing so hard).

This child is her father's daughter...if she had used the "I stepped on a frog" excuse I probably would have peed my pants.

No comments: