Monday, February 20, 2012

Menu Monday: Banana Bread

Olivia is a HUGE fan of all breads, Banana, Pumpkin, Zucchini, Cheesy - you name it, she loves it.  So when I spotted the rather ripe bananas on the counter I knew that it was a layup, put produce to good use and make my 4 year olds day!


I decided to pass on the Joy of Cooking recipe that I have remained loyal to for several years and ventured out into the world wide web to the always fruitful Allrecipes.com where I found the recipe for Cathy's Banana Bread.


Brown Sugar Mixture & Banana Mixture

I made a few adjustments to the recipe based on some of the reviews I read and it seems to be a big hit in the Turner Household. I substituted 1 cup of white sugar for 1 cup of light brown sugar, used reduced fat sour cream and also threw in a few shakes of cinnamon for good measure (and some sweet spice).  I could have made some additional adjustments to cut some calories, and might consider them next time, such as applesauce instead of margarine and egg beaters instead of 2 eggs. And wouldn't you know it, I forgot to snap a photo before the 2 loaf pans went in the oven and one loaf is already gone!! Next time I will take a photo of the finished product.

No comments: