Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Smooth Sailing...

Friday I got my hair did...specifically I had a Keratin Smoothing Treatment and a cut. Post Avery my hair has been super curly/wavy/thick and gross and I just wanted to try something new.

The BEFORE shot...

The AFTER shot (at Chick Fil-A)

It was a long process, but so far so good.  After the solution sits on your hair for about 20 minutes, they blow it out and flat iron it and then you can't wash your hair or get it went for 72 hours.  You can't tuck it behind your ears, you can't put it up, you have to just leave it down and straight for a full 72 hours, it was tough, but not quite as bad as I thought it would be.  I do have to say though, I was BEYOND excited to wash my hair Monday morning. Jon, my stylist did warn me that it doesn't remove all curls or waves, just reduces them, and that appears to be true for me, I still have a wave in the back, but its much "thinner", it isn't poofy or big anymore and its much easier to blow dry...overall I am very happy.

Side Note: It is amazing how long my hair is when its completely straight. After he flat ironed it, it was straighter than I have ever seen it, and it really looked to be about 4 inches longer than normal...it was crazy!

No comments: