Friday, March 11, 2011

Last Day...


I haven't blogged or shared all that much about my big news, but I figured today was as good a day as any.  Today is my last day sitting in the above cube...for those of you that aren't familiar with what we folks at Capital One call "Future of Work" it basically means you sit anywhere you want, and don't have assigned cubes...however we all know we are creatures of habit, and don't do all that well with change, so even though the rules tell us it isn't "our" seat...we all know whose seat it really is, and no one strays from the norms we have put in place. The above photo gives you a glimpse into where I spend my days, and in reality, I don't sit there all that much because I spent the majority of my day in meetings, but when I am not in meetings, that is where I park my behind.

I am changing jobs. I am moving to a different building...on the same campus, and just one building away, but a different building all the same.  I am changing departments.  My entire career at Capital One has been spent focused on our customers, and how we can deliver a great (and profitable) experience and beginning on Monday I am going to be focused on how we can attract new prospects and turn them into customers. I am moving to the Acquisitions world and away from Customer Management. It is a scary move for me, but I am excited about all the learning I have to do...and best of all...wait for it...wait for it...I won't be traveling anymore. I am changing roles to have more time at home with my family, and I am beyond thrilled about it.

I am very much looking forward to the change, it is what needs to happen for my family and while I will probably miss the travel every now and then, home is where the heart is, and where my behind needs to be far more than it was last year.

2 comments:

maura said...

That is very exciting, congratulations!

Jeni said...

You're going to do great. I can't wait to hear more :)