Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Cake...

Beginning with Avery's First Birthday, I started having the girls' birthday cakes made by a woman I work with.  She does an amazing job with the cakes and they taste incredible. This cake however, had a mind of its own. "B" called me on Friday at 8am on her way into the office in tears, the cake had cracked and fallen apart on her way into the office, so she was heading home and was on a mission to re-do the cake.  She was scheduled to head out of town at 1pm on a Girls Weekend, but she was confident she would have it done.  


She called me at 11:30pm, and sure enough the cake was done and she was on her way to the office. The cake arrived in one piece and it was absolutely perfect, the colors, the "sprinkles", I loved everything about it, I couldn't wait to snap a photo of it for Avery's Baby Book (which, btw, needs a lot of work). At the end of my day a friend helped me carry everything to the car, it was super windy that day, so I ended up pulling up to the front of the building so he didn't have to carry it all that far. I drove extra slow and careful all the way home. I pulled into the driveway, put the car in park and looked over at the cake...it had fallen apart again and cracked. The entire top of the cupcake had slid off...thank goodness Brad's Mom was still here. She pulled out kabob skewers and put it back together, grabbed frosting from the fridge and went to town...she is a miracle worker I tell ya. From these photos you can barely tell...and I should also note that we caught Avery with her entire hand in the cake a few hours after I brought it home. Sneaky lil' bugger.


I love her eyes in this photo...she is like "What in the world are all these people doing staring at me"

No comments: