Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring, Spring, Spring

The Turner Family sure does love Spring Time...we love being able to spend our evenings outside.  Every evening we gather in our yard or The Koehler's yard and the children frolic while the adults chit chat, I look forward to it every single day on the way home.  A lot of times we even make it out again after dinner.  It is almost like dinner is half-time and then we all take the field again for the second half. Last night I kept the girls inside because I was lazy and didn't want to have to give them another bath, so of course when we were brushing their teeth they saw everyone outside playing and the waterworks started...I felt like an evil Mommy.

Tonight, it was more evil Mommy, but this time it was started by my "can be as sweet as can be when they want to, and tonight they didn't want to" children. I snatched the girls from school, we picked up my Mom and we headed straight for McDonald's...it was their treat for not driving me bonkers this week while Brad is out of town.  Olivia loves to eat AT McDonald's, and while she likes the drive-thru, she really loves to EAT-IN..so that was what I promised her.  What a wreck! I scolded Olivia several times and the little turkey just smiled at me with this evil smile that said "lady, I don't fear you, who do you think you are?".

As I dropped off my Mom I think I might have even said "Mom, I feel bad for the Parents whose children do evil things...for the Columbine Kids Parents...because maybe they are doing the best they can, the way I am, and their children just turn out evil". Okay, a bit extreme, but I lose sleep over this, I so badly want my children to be kind, well mannered Children who are grateful and show respect. I honestly don't believe I am doing the best I can...I know I can do better, I know I can be a better Mom, but I want to be a great Mom, I give the job of Motherhood a great deal of thought and consideration and I want nothing more than to be a great Mom, that should count for something right?

Tomorrow night the girls are having a legit non-Grandparent babysitter.  Brad and I are taking my Parents out to dinner to thank them for everything they do for us and to spend some adult time with them, its rare we can even hold a simple, 2-3 sentence conversation with them these days, the girls interrupt or demand our time we can't even get our thoughts out, so we are really looking forward to some time with them.  Fingers crossed Avery doesn't torture our sitter at bedtime! Olivia is looking forward to "Movie Night with Alex"...she's been talking about it all week.

Also...I have shared a little about my Low-Fat Lifestyle....and I am happy to report it is working...the extra pounds I have been carrying around for 6+ years are starting to disappear. I am now just a few pounds shy of what I weighed on my Wedding Day...but I still have a lot of work to do. This is a marathon, not a sprint. I am now 33 pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant with Avery and 31 pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant with Olivia. 

This post is a bit all over the place...sorry about that. And I feel as though I owe ya'll a photo of our corner party, so next time we are all outside doing out thing, you bet your bottom dollar I will snap a shot or two to share with ya.

1 comment:

Sarina said...

You're a superstar. Keep up the good work. And you ARE a fantastic Mommy.