Thursday, March 31, 2011

Good For the Soul...

Target is good for my soul

DSW is also good for my soul

Why is it that retail therapy releases stress and for a brief moment makes you feel as though the world is spinning at just the right speed and that the tilt is perfectly in balance with the rest of the universe? Ya got me by the shorts (that is a Ralph-ism), but you bet your bottom dollar it does.

Brad was back in town tonight so he picked up the girls after work and I made my way home with a few detours along the way.  The first being a visit to my pal Dr. G, who cracked me like a nut...he's my Chiropractor (jeesh, get your head out of the gutter), and my neck was all sorts of jammed up, but after a few pops and twists from him I am feeling loosie goosie, but quite sore.

My second stop was at DSW.  I had a $30 Rewards Certificate that expired on March 27th, I walked into the store expecting they would say "Sorry Charlie, you snooze you lose", but when I approached the woman behind the register and asked if I would still be able to take advantage of it, she smiled and said "Absolutely, shop away". I almost kissed her. I was so pleasantly surprised with how customer friendly their policy was I wanted to shout their praises from the rooftop (but it was raining,  I took to the social media world instead and told all my FB friends just how much I love DSW). I tried on several pairs of shoes, I was really searching for the perfect, bright colored flat, but it didn't happen for me, the stars didn't align and I ended up getting these little gems for....wait for it....wait for it....$1.53. You read that right. ONE DOLLAR AND FIFTY THREE CENTS. I actually paid in cash...exact change. Can you say BARGAIN?



My last stop was at Target.  I can't put into words how I feel about Target. A calm comes over me the instant I turn into the parking lot. I love the plastic, not metal carts.  I love the dollar section that greets you.  I love the clothing. I love the jewelry, and I just recently discovered the $4.99 jewelry section...somebody STOP me. I love the kids clothes. I drool over the home decor. Today I almost came home with a beautiful blue and white platter...I love how the seasons colors go so well with our home decor, I have been coveting these beautiful glass lamps with a navy shade for what feels like months, but while I adore them I just can't find a perfect home for them inside the walls of my home, so there they sit, alone on the shelves of Target just waiting for a home.  I treated myself to a Non-Fat Iced Chai Latte...a little taste of heaven in a plastic Starbucks cup.

Brad deserves a high-five.  I walked in the door, the girls were fed, bathed, the wash was done (long story, but I had to throw in a load of wash this morning because Avery thought that the purple marker needed a work out, and tested it on our box-spring, our sheets, our blanket, a stuffed panda and our carpet, yes, she is still alive, and yes, I still told her I was thankful to be her Mommy as I put her down) and as I type he is upstairs dealing with Olivia who for some reason is fighting sleep like its her j-o-b.  Bedtime at the Turner Household hasn't been all that peaceful the last few nights, lots of tears and I can't quite put my finger on what the deal is...their phases sure do keep you on your toes.

No comments: