Monday, March 21, 2011

Our Lil' Svetlana...

The girls started "Gymnastics" on Saturday Morning. Avery is taking a Parent & Tot class at 8:30am and Olivia is taking Kindercise (which is basically a fitness class focused on coordination, self-esteem and basic gymnastics skills) at 9:30am.  Brad took Avery and he said she had an absolute blast, I can't wait to take her and watch her run around like the crazy little monkey she is.

First activity...that is a kick board from a pool

It is hard to explain the emotions I felt while I sat and watched Olivia participate in her first class.  She has come so far. She used to be so shy and on Saturday she just ran right in and I could see her interacting and sharing things with the instructors.  In the past she has hesitated when it involves trying something new, and watching her jump right in, I got tears in my eyes. I was so proud of her, and so amazed at how much she has changed.  And then...I realized one thing that hasn't changed...sweet Olivia is still one of the most uncoordinated children I have ever seen. Let's just say this class is PERFECT for Olivia...and as long as she is having a good time, we will be there every Saturday Morning helping her stay on the two feet God blessed her with.

Watching the instructor demonstrate


Waiting her turn (sorry for the quality, the lighting was awful in there)


I have to admit...she must have gotten this skill from her father. I loathed climbing the rope in Gym Class. I would break out in hives just thinking about it.

She had a blast and that made my heart soar, I love doing special things for the girls and being able to witness their joy.

And if I am being truthful, the hour that Olivia was "learning to do flips" (her words, not mine) was very peaceful for me. It is rare that I am away from Avery and if Avery could she would climb right back into my womb, so while I adore the 30lb little firecracker, it was nice to have some peace and quiet and get to spend some time focused on Olivia.  I brought a book with me, but I think I only got through 2-3 pages, I was too busy watching Olivia conquer the world (or her fears...). I heart that girl more than life itself.  I told her on Saturday Night that I was thankful I was chosen to be her Mommy...she looked at me and said "Who else wanted to be my Mommy?"...honest question, too bad I didn't have an answer, so I just gave her a smooch and tucked her in.

Saturday Afternoon the family got all cleaned up and posed for some family photos with Kristi Williams Photography . I can't wait to see how they turned out. I am not holding my breath or getting my hopes up, but I cherish the memories we capture as a family and hope to have one to hang on the wall. 

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Awesome :) I can't wait to see more photos of your gymnasts and from your photo session!

Sarina said...

I can't wait to see your family photos. I hope the girls continue to love gymnastics - how fun!