Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Brad....

Today is Brad's 31st Birthday...Olivia shopped till she dropped to find the right presents for her favorite man in the whole wide world. She gave him some cologne, a base layer shirt for riding and a hot drink mug so he can drink tea in the morning like a lil girl :) She even got him a card, and this is what it said "I love you more than Hot Dogs", now if you knew her well, you would know just how much that really is...a lot.

Brad took yesterday off, he helped me clean out the Nursery, go through clothes for Goodwill and then we went to Capital One to pick up my laptop and went out to lunch, Red Robin, delicious. And then we went to visit Molly at Bellini, we found a life-size Penguin for Olivia, she loves the movie Happy Feet so we thought it would be perfect for her, we brought it home...she was scared to death, but I am happy to report she is now madly in love with "Penny the Penguin" and tries to carry her around everywhere, its tough since they are the same size.

Last night I was so excited, I had taken a short nap yesterday afternoon while Brad played with Riley outside, so I could stay up past my usual 9pm bedtime to spend some extra time with Brad on the eve of his big day, and what does he do? Fall asleep on the couch. I ended up watching the Pregnant Man special on ABC....can't believe he is pregnant again...but I also can't believe he isn't the first, one of many men who have given birth...to each his own.

Olivia had a rough night, she has been fighting a cold for the last few days and it finally hit her yesterday, she was up from 3am-5am, so when we finally got up at 6:30am Brad took over and brought her downstairs so I could take a quick nap. What a great dad huh, he gets up with her on his Birthday. So needless to say we are not going to The Little Gym this morning, Olivia needs to lay low...

I made Brad breakfast and he opened his presents. We have a fun little day planned...Stoney Point for a little shopping and grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, wish us luck, I try to avoid that place like the plague on the weekends.

Have I mentioned that Riley is a changed dog? Brad is now holding his muzzle shut and he is still finding a way to bark, I can't stop laughing, yet I am annoyed at the same time. He hasn't barked this much in months, almost a year, now that he is off his meds he is a crazy dog. He wants to play non-stop, he runs through the house until he starts to pant, he's so out of breath. He barks and growls at every sound, its nuts. We are hoping when he starts these new meds he will be back to the sluggish, quiet dog we had grown to love. I guess we are finally seeing what all Weimaraner owners see....the crazy, hyper dog.

We were hoping to head down to the Marathon to cheer on our friends, but with how Olivia is feeling, it doesn't look like its going to happen...we wish them all a safe and healthy finish.

Tonight we are heading to Outback with the Harris and Koehler Families for Brad's Birthday Dinner...

And Molly called this morning to tell me that Lipstick Jungle is being cancelled, I am FURIOUS, but its not like I am surprise, the Friday Night time slot is a killer to any show. And where is The Ex List, it hasn't been on the last few weeks, I loved that show. All TV has to offer these days are Crime and Hospital Dramas...I love them, but seriously.

1 comment:

The Millers said...

Happy Birthday Brad. Feel better soon Miss Liv.