Tuesday, November 4, 2008

You're my boy BLUE.....

It took me about 7 minutes from the time I left my house until the time I left our polling location...I love living just around the corner from our voting location. JACKPOT. I walked in, the line was down the hall, some nice lady stopped me, I thought maybe she saw I was pregnant and was going to be nice and let me go to the front of the line, but she just simply asked what my last name began with...T I said, and to the front of the line I went, I didn't have to wait for a single second...wonderful.

I was walking towards the school, and a nice man said "Maam, would you like a sample ballot"
I said "Sure" just about that time I realized he was sporting a McCain/Palin sticker...I said "Thank you" and walked towards the door. Another nice woman stopped me and said "Would you like another sample ballot", this time I was quick to notice...Obama/Biden and Warner stickers proudly displayed on her rain coat "Absolutely", and in the trash the McCain ballot went.

Our house is clearly divided when it comes to politics...and since I was the one to get Olivia dressed this morning, I looked and looked for her Blue outfits, but they were all dirty, she only has about two since she is a girl, so you better believe I didn't even consider putting her in Red...she proudly wore light pink...not to be mistaken for a shade of Red...

Our neighbors starting calling us at 7:15am to give us the warning that the lines were long...probably just when they opened since people were freaked, but it wasn't bad at all.

How sad is it that Obama's Grandmother won't see this day in history, regardless of how it turns out for him, can you imagine the pride she carries with her for how far he has come...

Everyone at works seems to have already voted...we didn't do a mock election at work, not sure how it would turn out...

Brad is heading to VA Beach for the rest of the week for work, so its just Liv, Baby E, Riley and I...speaking of Riley...so he has been off his antihistamine for the last two weeks while he finishes this round of steroids, he has been a crazy dog, back to his puppy days, so hyper, we are guessing its the meds that have been making him so sluggish the last several months...at least he is back to normal :)

We are heading to Bassett this weekend for some QT with the Turner Family...we are getting new tires on the TL....so much cheaper in B-Town than here in Richmond.

No comments: