Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Thanks...

I can't believe its Olivia's 2nd Thanksgiving...and that next year when we are celebrating her 3rd, we will also have a 9 month old. We spent the majority of the day in the car, left home at 8:30am, headed to Bassett, arrived around 12pm, ate at 1pm, Olivia napped from 1:30-2:30 and then we left around 3:45pm. Quick Trip, very quick. We likely won't be making this a day trip again, at least not for a few years until the girls are older, it was too much for Olivia, too much car seat time, but she was a trooper. And did I mention that I thought I was in labor the whole way home...yup, I was watching the clock, timing the contractions...it wasn't fun, but the good news is, I am not blogging from a hospital bed, and I was not in labor.

More good baby news, I got my Gestational Diabetes results back, normal, which is great, I wasn't thrilled about the possibility of a diabetic diet. My hemoglobin levels were a little low so back on the iron pills for me, I had the same issue with Olivia so nothing to be alarmed over, fairly normal.

Tomorrow my Mom and I are heading out in the morning to do a little shopping. I have spent the last hour going through all the flyer's, and I realize you really can get some great deals, especially for kids, so over the next few years I will likely have to brave the crowds on Black Friday, but not this year, we are just heading to Once Upon a Child and Big Lots, in search of an extra Pack N Play for Grammie and PawPaw Turner's House. Brad and my Dad are going to finish up Olivia's swing set, it should be a nice day, so we are guessing she will spend some QT playing outside.

I can't wait to put all the Christmas Decorations up, the tree is going up tomorrow, I will take some pictures and post them in the next few days. Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: