Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Tradition: Travel Buddies



I picked up The Book of New Family Traditions: How to Create Great Rituals for Holidays and Every Day by Meg Cox at Pottery Barn Kids (grab it on Amazon, it is much cheaper) and I was in tears reading it on the way home (I wasn't driving). There are some creative and impressive families out there that have come up with some fun and inspirational ways to keep families connected.

Minnie at Brad's Work Presentation

I am only about 50 pages in and there are already several traditions that I am looking forward to incorporating in our every day lives, but the first one we are going to implement is to add some fun to the painful fact that Brad and I both have to travel.  Brad travels every single week and I am traveling a bit more than normal and so we asked the girls to each pick out a Travel Buddy for us to bring with us when we are away.  Olivia picked Brad's Travel Buddy, and Avery picked mine. So this morning when Brad left, Minnie Mouse went with him and when I get on a plane for California next week Donald Duck will be with me.  I am looking forward to it and I can't wait to see the adventures Minnie and Donald experience.

No comments: