Friday, September 21, 2012

Five on Friday: Fall Activities

I realize that I didn't hit 100% off my Summer Activities, but I am hoping that I am able to come closer for my Fall Activities.  I really do enjoy the Fall, but compared to New England, the Fall weather here is just super inconsistent....the good news is, it has been beautiful so far, and my hope is, that it continues that way. If you have some other fun Fall traditions or activities planned, please feel free to share, I would love to get some new ideas!

1) Apple Picking - this will be our second year apple picking and we've already got it on the calendar, I can't wait.  I will also get to spend some QT with one of my college gal pals and her family since they live in the Charlottesville Area, and that is where we go - Carter Mountain.  The Apple Cider donuts are to die for and Apple Picking is just a fun activity, it can be a bit pricey, but I plan to do a lot of things with the apples this year to make it worth it.

2) Pumpkin Patch & Pumpkin Milkshakes - we typically go to Chestefield Berry Farm and last year Olivia got to go twice (me too since I chaperoned), but this year we will go as a family, and as of now we are planning on going next weekend before it gets too crazy and so we can enjoy the pumpkins longer.

3) Carving Pumpkins - we usually don't do a bang up job in this area, but this year we are NOT going to leave it to the last minute and we are going to make a family affair of it.

4) CrockPot Sundays - I love using the CrockPot on Sunday's, and Brad loves watching Football so usually we are around on Sunday's, which just helps the day feel more relaxed, something we could all use a little more of.  I kicked it off last weekend with Taco Soup and it didn't disappoint. I am looking for some new recipes, and can't wait to try a few out.

5) Baking - I have pinned a ton of recipes on Pinterest, most of which contain apples and pumpkin, both of which I love, so I can't wait to start cranking some out.  I have taken a pause on the whole "lose a sick amount of weight and be skinny and cute" journey...I just have so much going on, I want to enjoy the time, enjoy the girls, be happy and not stress about the # of fat grams I have going into my body.  So I am going to enjoy baking with them, and savor the memories (and the desserts).

No comments: