Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beauty before Boogers

That's right folks, I did it, I left my snot filled children with my darling husband and set off for a day of pampering.  I had scheduled a long over due hair cut for 2pm yesterday and Brad surprised me by calling the salon and scheduling a pedicure for me, so I set out around 12:15 for an afternoon of beauty. Too bad the salon doesn't also specialize in liposuction...

Well the pedicure was wonderful, despite the love triangle drama the technician decided it would be appropriate to tell me about. I can't tell you how many words she used that don't even fall into my vocab, because I lost count at 12. Good Gracious! But she did a wonderful job relaxing my feet and making them pretty, which not to be gross, is a tough thing to do, I hate feet. The hair cut was just a trim, but I hadn't been since September, so to my earlier point, it was long over due. I am letting my hair grow, with two weddings this summer/fall I want to have up-do material to work with...

A quick update on the girls, Avery is still a mess, struggling to breath, coughing her face off and not eating all that much. Friday night she went to bed at 6pm and didn't wake up until 5am, we thought she was just going down for a nap, so we just put her down, little did we know she would be down for 11 hours, the poor thing wasn't even in her PJ's. Last night wasn't such a good sleeping night...but we are hopeful that she gets back to her normal sleeping routine while I am away for the week so Brad can get some rest. Olivia is still coughing and her nose is a mess as well, but she is dealing much better than Avery is.

We are hoping to hit the mall quickly this morning to run a few errands. I have to return a few things to Old Navy...brace yourselves...I need a SMALLER size. Wahooo.  I want to get another pair of Long and Lean Jeans from The Gap (I happen to love them and could write a whole post just on my mad love for these wonderful jeans) We have to get a water filter at Sears, and then we are going to get the girls feet measured for some "Spring Shoes". Olivia has been talking about it all week since I mentioned it a few days ago, so we need to take action or we are going to be hearing about it until we actually do it.

I went shopping on Friday afternoon by MYSELF...right after work, it was heaven. And I actually had fun shopping for the first time in a long time. I mean I have a long, long way to go, but I was able to buy smaller sizes and try on cuter clothes,  I mean don't get me wrong, I didn't purchase anything with a single digit size, but we are working on it :)

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Congrats on your weight loss success. You should be very proud ;)