Sunday, March 28, 2010

Shame on Me

For joking about Beauty before Boogers, because my sweet Avery is one sick little bugger. She has been fighting a fever all weekend and today it got the best of her, she clocked in at 103 degrees this afternoon after her nap, and she was none too happy about it, she didn't leave the couch for about an hour and just put her head down on me, so sweet, but so unlike her, so you clearly know she isn't feeling well. And what could make a Mom feel worse when her little one is sick...a business trip that will take her away from her darlings. I am dreading it. I hate being away from them as it is, but when they are sick its pulls at my heart strings with sumo wrestler strength. I am so scared that Brad is going to take her back to the Doctor tomorrow and they are going to say her lungs are so bad she has to go to the hospital...I figure the antibiotics should have cleared up anything going on in her ears, which by the way were clear when I took her to the Doctor on Thursday morning, so who knows what is causing this fever...maybe Bronchitis, her lungs were bad on Thursday, but not "need to go to the hospital" bad, so we shall see what they say tomorrow afternoon when he takes her. I of course will be on a plane/an airport and will have zero, zip, zlich control over the situation and for those of you that know me well know I won't deal well with that. Big ol' Control Freak, thats me, and not afraid to admit it. So the plan is, Brad will get out of the house early in the morning, possibly take Olivia to school if she is up, and then will be back to take me to the airport around 10am. He will then spend the rest of the day at home with Avery...have I mentioned that I hate leaving her when she is sick. I feel bad leaving Brad with them in general, but leaving him with a sick little girl makes me feel like a deadbeat Mommy.

So can I just complain for a second about Stride Rite...I know they have great shoes, constructed well for the little ones feet, but I just can't fall in love with their shoes and my stomach hurts when I fork over $48 for a pair of shoes that will be covered in mud within hours and shoes that will be out grown within months, its just not my idea of a good time, not to mention there is always a line, it takes forever...so today we went in the hopes we would find some cute Spring/Summer sandals, just in time for Easter, and found some we did, but not ones I loved, and turns out it was slim pickings in the girls sizes, so after waiting for a good 20 minutes to have their feet measured we ended up walking away empty handed...so I came home and ordered them some non-dressy Keen Sandals that should get them through the summer, now I just need to find them some cute white sandals/shoes between Saturday Morning when I get up and Sunday Morning when we Easter rolls around, wish me luck.

No comments: