Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Wedding and The Ice Cream Truck....not in that order.

Its true, Brad chased down the Ice Cream Truck yesterday morning in an attempt to add some life to our rather routine lives, and by routine I mean, take care of the kids 100% of the time, and do nothing for ourselves, thats the routine we are living these days. Well that isn't entirely true, Brad has done a few things for himself, but he has only managed to log about 4 miles on his bike in the last 7 weeks, thats nothing for a guy who is used to riding 40 miles in an afternoon. So back to the Ice Cream Truck...it was a FABULOUS treat that the whole family, minus Avery enjoyed on the back deck, Avery was with us, not to worry, we didn't leave her inside to fend for herself, she just didn't partake in the ice cream yumminess. Take a look at our lil Messy Molly...and notice her "sweet" new Little Gym outfit, the girl has style even when she works out, thanks to her YaYa.
Brad and I quickly showered while the girls were napping and got ready for a night out...Dan and Allyson's wedding started at 5:00 and we are proud to report that we were NOT late. For those of you that know me well, I am an "early person", rarely late, almost never late, and usually a good 5-10 minutes early. And everyone told me that would change when I had Olivia, nope, not at all, still on time, but now, when the whole family has to go anywhere we racing against the clock and rarely make it anywhere on time, let alone the usual 5-10 minutes early, I vow to work on that in the next few weeks before I start back to work, KNOCK ON WOOD that I go back to work, still no word on the layoff situation.
So here is a pic of Brad and I before the wedding, this photo session likely added to our "almost lateness". This is also the only photograph we have of my new haircut, and no, I didn't blow dry it for our big night out, there was no time, so I went the route of curls. Please don't mind the extra 60 pounds I still have to lose, not from pregnancy, but from Thyroid Disease that snuck on my body after we got married in 2005. I am DETERMINED to get it off this year, stay tuned for more posts on that.
Avery had an "okay" weekend. We are still experiencing spells where she arches her back and screams, BUT we are hopeful that the meds will cure the majority of those instances and she will be back to her happy self in no time. We did however get lots of smiles and chatted quite a bit, so we know that happy baby we knew for the last 7 weeks is still in there, she is just a little uncomfortable. I love her Little Miss Giggles shirt, I loved those books growing up. Olivia has the Little Miss Chatterbox shirt...I will have to capture that on film.
I finally did something for myself tonight. After we got home from my parents, I snapped Avery into her stroller, got my "work out shuffle" and we strolled around the neighborhood while Brad got Olivia ready for bed, administred all of her meds and sat with her while she did her Nebulizer. Have I mentioned that I cannot wait for June 1st? That is when our Ped said we can STOP the breathing treatments, the poor darling has been on them twice a day since December 22nd, its exhausting. So back to my walk, my girl Brit Brit and my main man MJ (Michael Jackson) kept me company on my stroll and I look forward to the rest of my play list on my next stroll, hopefully tomorrow if the rain holds off.
A confession that I am NOT proud of: I have gone grocery shopping ONCE in the last 8 weeks. Once...yes, you read that right. Pathetic huh? In my defense, and also so Brad's Mom doesn't freak out that I am not taking care of her baby, he hasn't been home for two of the last three weeks, so I haven't needed much food in the house. But that is all about to change. The Diet starts tomorrow, so off to Kroger and UKROPS I go tomorrow morning with my meal plan in hand.
I have about a trillion errands to run this week since Avery and I didn't leave the house much last week, rain really ruins my errand running plans, lets hope it doesn't put the ka-bash on my plans for this week.
Side Note: My favorite little boy that I don't know, Stellan, is prepping for surgery on Tuesday on his 5 month old little heart, he is at Boston Children's Hospital, so keep those prayers coming for him and his family.

1 comment:

oneof4dms said...

Cute picture of Avery! I don't think the ice cream truck will ever come through my geriatric neighborhood!