Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Phew...Good News

The layoff announcements were made today at Capital One and I was spared, I have a job. THANK THE LORD I HAVE A JOB. After the last few days with Miss Fussy Pants I wasn't sure I was going to make it as a Stay at Home Mom so he must have heard my prayers, and made sure that I had a job to go to every single day so that I could come home to my little darlings every single night refreshed and ready to be the best Mom I can be.

Now on to Miss Fussy Pants...I am not sure what her deal is. I am guessing its a combination of Acid Reflux issues and possibly even her formula. I am wondering though, is it possible that she could be reacting to the formula change 3-4 weeks after we made the change? The RN at our Pediatrician's Office seemed to think that we should know right away whether she would tolerate the lactose or not, but now I am wondering. She seems to be extra gassy lately, and is clearly fussier than normal. My Mom reminded me that Olivia went through a fussy stage too, that I would threaten to put her on eBay, but I can't recall what age that was, and honestly looking back I can't even remember those days, I just remember her being a great baby, so maybe I just tuned it out. And Avery isn't a great sleeper these days either...she goes to bed at 9pm, eats between 1:30-2:30 and then again around 6am. And she is a terrible napper, she just doesn't nap. I am wondering if she is hungry...our Ped told us to keep the oz's down and just feed her more frequently, she drains her bottles and sometimes cries after, I am guessing she wants more. Alright, thats it, next bottle she is getting 6oz, maybe that will help.

So on to my diet progress. I didn't weigh myself this morning, frankly, I just plum forgot. But from Monday to Tuesday I had lost 2.5lbs, not really possible, but thats what the scale said, so I am going to roll with it until I get back on the scale tomorrow and see that it was a big fat lie. Anyways, I have done relatively well with the "eating healthy" part of my plan, however my Mom brought over Baked Spaghetti last night and of course I couldn't turn down the garlic bread that came along with it, DELICIOUS. But instead of a huge portion of pasta, I packed my plate with salad, but don't get me wrong, the pasta was delicious. I have tried to walk every day, but this weather isn't cooperating. I took one loop today and it started to rain.

And news on Sweet Stellan - he made it through his surgery, but it wasn't a complete success, only a 65% success, so the experts say, he still might need a pacemaker, I am waiting for another update. Check out this site: http://lunabtee.com/category_19/Tees.htm there is a Praying for Stellan Tee Shirt on this site, its adorable, I am thinking about getting them for Olivia and Avery, but they are a little steep. These shirts are adorable, I am going to have to get one for the girls, maybe one of the birthday shirts, they are too cute.

My parents left this morning and are making their way North, they plan to arrive in Northfield tomorrow mid-day. We sure are going to miss them, they are so helpful and so great with the girls. We are counting down the days for our trip to Northfield, it should be interesting considering how fussy Avery has been and considering the fact that Olivia can't sit still for longer than two minutes. We are planning to buy a portable DVD player for the plane, any suggestions on which one to purchase?

No comments: