Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot

...and we are not talking about how I like my salsa...man alive, its a hot one. Of course it doesn't help that we are cheap and don't want to turn on the A/C, however I have to admit, if its going to be like this for the next few days, I believe the A/C will be turned on, our poor children look like trailer trash kids laying around in their diapers. See what I mean...






Miss Avery turned 2 months old on Friday and with that came 5 shots right to the thighs, the poor lil darlin was non too pleased. She stopped screaming long enough for us to leave the Doctor's Office, then she wailed until we got through the first red light, then she slept while I trucked it around the neighborhood in an effort to shed these extra lbs and keep my daughter quiet, after about an hour I was a tad thirsty and my water bottle was empty, so we came in for a break, well....that didn't go so well, the little darlin screamed for a good 30 minutes and when I say scream, I mean scream. Then it was back to dream land until 2 when she woke up to eat, then she screamed again...then slept again. Finally she woke up happy at 6pm and the rest is full of happy baby moments. Here are her stats and a Happy Baby Moment.



Weight - 12lbs 7oz - 90%
Height - 24 inches - 97%
Head - 15 - 75%

And Dr. Shook said that "average" babies don't sleep through the night until they are closer to 6 months old, that their little brains just can't do it, I guess Olivia spoiled us, because I was getting ready to have the "What is wrong with my daughter, why isn't she sleeping through the night" talk with Dr. Shook, but she quickly told me to count my blessings that at least my child falls asleep on her own, amen to that.

Friday night the Koehlers came over for a beer...okay, just Justin had a beer, Insley is still with child and Zack is about 19 years too young for a beer. But everyone played outside, okay, just Olivia and Zack played, Justin and Brad chased them around the neighborhood while Insley, Avery and I sat on the deck. All you can see is Avery's bottle because I cropped out Brad's beer bottle, but it was a pretty funny shot.


Aunt Ali (my close friend Allison) came to visit this morning, it was the first time she had met Avery and she hadn't seen Olivia for about 9 months. We all piled into the Yukon and headed off to Lindsay's Baby Shower. I felt bad bringing the girls but she insisted I bring them since there would be a lot of other kids there too. They were so well behaved, if I could give them a medal I would. Lindsay is due in June with a sweet baby boy, he is named, but she isn't sharing the name yet, I can't wait to find out what it is.
Last Night the Koehler Family and the Harris Family (which BTW will be expanding on or around November 3rd- WAHOOOOOO, we couldn't be more excited, that is going to be one lucky lil one) came over, we grilled out and had a grand ol' time. Zack and Olivia got along SO well, and really played together the whole night. We finally broke down and put the AC on later in the evening, it was HOT.
This morning all the eyes opened around 8am, which is FABULOUS, but I am guessing its because Olivia didn't take a nap yesterday and went to bed last night around 8:30pm. She was a little party animal. We took a walk and then played in the Koehler's backyard while the bible beaters circled the neighborhood for recruits.

No comments: