Sunday, February 13, 2011

KidMed: We adore thee

Friday afternoon Olivia came home from school with a fever of 102.7, usually with a fever that high she is quiet and content to just lay on the couch and watch TV. Nope, not this time, she was a complete grouch. So silly me, I thought that she couldn't be feeling too bad, I was surprised with how horrible the night went. She barely slept, which meant I barely slept, she was so restless and so very hot. We were alternating Motrin and Tylenol every 2 hours just to keep her temp under control. The poor thing.

Saturday morning was quite hectic, so hectic in fact that I had to wake Brad up at 6:30 to lend a hand. Poor Olivia was a hot mess...literally...after vomiting and a holding steady fever she was a mess.  Brad and Avery set out on a mission at 7:15am to find the best Donuts in Richmond and 90 minutes later were home with a dozen that were a little bit of heaven. Country Style Donuts...highly recommend them. I should have taken a picture, but by the time I thought of it, they were basically gone. HA.

Outfit look familiar? Olivia wore it to Avery's 2nd Birthday Party

Avery and I spent the afternoon celebrating Miss Maya's 2nd Birthday, with none other than an Elmo bash.  It was great to catch up with the neighborhood ladies that I haven't seen in what feels like a while, but was really just a few days. On a side note, it absolutely tore me apart having to tell Olivia she couldn't come to the party with us, she cried and cried and it broke my heart.


Campbell playing Cornhole

Jules doing her thing


Insley is the most photogenic person I know

Samantha, Maya's Mommy, did an amazing job on the cake

Maya ate about 7 of those mini cupcakes


Avery clearly enjoyed hers too!

Avery and I got home around 6 to find Olivia shivering on the couch, yet she was burning up. So Brad and I decided I should take her to KidMed, the after hours urgent care facility that just opened on the Southside.  And I can't say enough about our experience. First of all, we were the only ones there, but second of all the people, the facility, it was all wonderful! My Parents met me there, my Mom really was put on this planet to be a Grandmother...her and Olivia have an amazing bond, it makes me wonder what my relationship would have been like had I known my Grandmother...if its anything like Olivia and my Mom, I would have been one lucky little girl.

So KidMed ran a few tests and turns out our little darling has the Flu. The poor thing. At least we caught it in time to get Tamiflu, I just feel bad that I can't get in touch with all the other kids in Olivia's class that went home sick on Friday to let them know what she had so they could get checked out. She is feeling much better today, the fever is finally under control, but her cough is a little deeper, so we have to keep an eye on that to make sure it doesn't turn into Pneumonia.

I hate that Olivia is going to miss her Valentine's Day Party at school, but her cards are all packed and I will be sure to collect all her cards when I pick up Avery so she can at least enjoy opening them. 

No comments: