Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Sweet Avery


Sweet Avery Girl, you are TWO years old today.  A rush of emotions hit me as I sit down to reflect on your two amazing years of life.  I so clearly remember the excitement I felt when Brad, Beth and I hopped into the Yukon bright and early and made our way to the hospital.  Labor and Delivery were wonderful and I was so thankful that my very best friend Beth was there to welcome you to the world, what a special gift...and then my world stopped spinning. It's funny how one of the best days of your life, can also be shared with one of the worst...


We are so very thankful that you came home from the hospital a healthy, and happy "big" girl.  I will always remember how the NICU Nurses laughed about how they had to raid the PICU to find a diaper that would fit you. They were so impressed with your chubby little legs, they are so used to dealing with fragile little things that your strength was refreshing to them.

Avery at 1 Month Old

You have brought so much joy to our lives and we often times find ourselves shaking our heads at the things you do and now the things that come out of your mouth.  You've surprised us with "All Aboard" and "Oh Boy" lately. You get into everything, at school you find things that no child has found before, frankly, I am impressed, when you do it at home it gets on my last nerve, but at school somehow I beam with pride. 

Avery at 3 Months Old

I am blessed to be your Mommy, I believe that your rocky start has given me a perspective that will forever shape the way I approach life, and that is a very powerful gift you managed to give me, all while scaring the crap out of me.

Avery at 6 Months Old

You imitate everyone and everything and it is pure comedy.  My new favorite is when I flip my hair over after getting out of the shower to put mousse in it, you watch me like a hawk and then flip your hair over and do the same thing, its precious. You also now insist on wearing "panties", and when we are too lazy to deal with you diaper free, you compromise and insist we put "panties" over your diaper. It's a sight! 


You make me laugh every single day and at times you make me cry.  I am moved to tears at night when I am rocking you, I find myself losing patience with you throughout the day, but when the house is quiet (besides Olivia "reading" to herself in her room) and it's just you and I, rocking in your room, I am so hopeful for your future, for the woman you are going to be, and for how you love me, and forgive me every single night for my short-comings as a mother. Your smile tells me that despite my weaknesses you know I am doing the best I can, and there is no way to repay that type of support and comfort. 


You have amazing fine motor skills and you are beyond coordinated, just when I think you are going to stumble and trip, you find your balance and keep on truckin'. It's funny, Olivia trips over anything and everything, including her feet.

Avery at a Year
 
We have enjoyed watching your vocabulary grow, every day I am amazed at how well you communicate with one word at a time. Your little voice is as sweet as can be one minute and loud and deep the next, waking up to you yelling "Mommy" in your deep "monster voice" or listening to you whisper "I love you"...
 
 
You are so very loved little girl, and we are so very proud of the little girl you are and can't wait to see the little woman you become. Tonight Bina and PawPaw are going to take us all to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate your special day, I know Olivia is thrilled, she's been talking about it all week (I have no idea how she even knows about it, we've never been).  And then of course we will celebrate with friends on Saturday at your party. 

1 comment:

Jeni said...

What a wonderful sweet letter to a wonderfully sweet little girl. We can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Happy Birthday dear Avery :)