Sunday, February 13, 2011

Who's Child is She?


Avery is our spirited child. She doesn't take no for an answer, her favorite word is "STOP", she wakes during the 5 o'clock hour and rarely naps longer than 30 minutes and if all else fails she wacks you, all while screaming her darling little face off, but it never fails, she always reminds us why we love her so...take a glimpse into 15 minutes with Avery


Paper is too good for Avery...she wanted to test the markers with her own skin...better than our walls, but if you look EXTRA close, you can see some yellow dots on the left hand side of the photo, she did manage to try the markers out on the carpet a few days ago. It is rare she gets her hands on non-color wonder markers, but if she does...look out. There is no telling what masterpiece is on the horizon.


The bathroom is too good for Avery.  She couldn't understand why she should have to sit in the bathroom while everyone else was in the Family Room...I kinda see her point, but never would have had the guts to pull something like this off...granted, it wouldn't be cute at my age, and she has a way of making crazy stunts like "Going Potty in the Family Room" seem nothing short of adorable.


She set this all up in stages. First the pants came off, then the diaper...and you can see where she landed.


A great seat, don't you think?



And then after her bath, her and Olivia decided they would take turns playing with each others hair.  The only downside to having your hair played with is that it meant you had to sit on the Potty...didn't seem to phase these two and the fact that they weren't pulling each others hair out was reason enough to let sleeping dogs lie.

Funniest Olivia Story Yet...

Olivia and I are sitting on the couch watching Wow Wow Wubbzy (which btw, I can't stand) and Wow Wow starts doing a dance with his tail...she looks at me with a grin and says "Mommy, we don't have tails, but boys do, they have small tails that hang off the front of their bums"  I mean, lets be honest, that is quite possibly one of the funniest things I have heard in the almost 32 years of being on this planet.

Runner Up...

This isn't one of the funniest, but her timing was so spot on, it ranks up there. I had just finished cleaning up dinner and had plopped myself on the couch to finish the last few sips of my glass of wine. I exhaled and said "Olivia, let me tell you a little bit about my day" just joking around and without missing a beat she yells from the Morning Room "Why, did you have a tough day Mommy?" She is priceless!

No comments: