Monday, August 6, 2012

First Impressions...

Yesterday afternoon after a trip to Beriberry (delish, btw), the girls fell asleep in the car so Brad and I took advantage of the quiet and drove through Hallsley - a beautiful neighborhood about 20 minutes away from our house.  This neighborhood makes me want to move so badly, makes me want to rob a bank and just move into one of these beautiful houses that we likely could never afford - they are just that pretty.  The one thing that stood out to me was how beautiful their front doors were, some had beautiful double doors, others just had a gorgeous front entry way, but regardless, almost all of them had beautiful wreaths on their front doors. 

I am now on the hunt for a great wreath for the Fall - we have Winter covered, but I would love a cute Fall Wreath.  I am debating what to do though because we are seriously considering painting our front door a lime green color and that would probably change the color scheme - so we need to make that decision first. But either way - I have found a few that I like...


I think that I could make this one - especially since a "T" would be easier than an "H", but the felt flower thing might throw me, so I found a seller on ETSY that just sells the flowers, but at the end of the day, her prices on wreaths are fairly reasonable, the one above is only $16.99 - so is it even worth doing it myself?


This one is beautiful and a perfect simple Fall wreath - I am not ready to pull the trigger on this one just yet - it will all depend on what we do with the front door color.

This simple, yet classy rose wreath is a great option for a year round wreath, but the color of the roses doesn't really do it for me, and I would likely trade out the gray as well, but I love the style.


This one is a small fortune - coming in at $120 smackers - but holy Toledo, isn't she a beauty!! I don't know where I would put this one, I was even thinking about hanging it on the fake mirror window thingy we have in the Family Room/Kitchen Area - but at $120 that is a bit steep - I am thinking I could procure a few starfish, slap some hot glue on it - and wham-bam - I could do it myself.


I love the yellow and gray color scheme - and I have been dying to pull together our 5th bedroom with this color pallet - I can just picture this on the closet door - but at $54, I don't think I can swing it or rationalize it, especially given that the 5th bedroom just isn't a priority right now.

No comments: