Monday, August 13, 2012

Book Report: Slammed & Point of Retreat


I started reading Slammed by Colleen Hoover, at the Beach this past weekend and finished it rather quickly - based on the books I have been reading lately I can imagine the title might be a tad alarming, but get your head out of the gutter, it is actually a great story - about a high school senior, whose father has passed away, she is forced to relocate with her mother and brother from Texas to Michigan, a huge change for her even if she hadn't just lost her father - she meets a boy...and well...I can't give you any more without spoiling it for you.  But believe me, its a sweet story, that had me in tears! I highly recommend it.

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover is the second book and I believe last in the Will & Lake story line.  I really liked this one as well, but liked the first one better, it was tricky to read since this one is told by Will, not Lake.

I highly recommend you scoop these up and read them before the Summer ends - they are great reads.  I can lend Slammed on my Nook - so if you have a Nook, let me know, I am happy to lend it to you.

No comments: