Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Book Report: The Marriage Bargain


I am guessing you are noticing a pattern here, not straying too far from the Romance Genre these days, and ya know what, I am loving it. It is a perfect Summer genre for my reading pleasure, it is light, entertaining and I fly through them.

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst, is uber predictable, not a super fresh storyline - I give it a B+. Alex (female) grew up with Nick, and is best friends with Nick's sister Maggie - so they have known each other for years!! Their childhood relationship was one of Alex having a crush on Nick, but him making him life miserable, picking on her, probably pulling her hair, etc. Their respective family dynamics are complex and that factors into how they engage and how the story plays out.  I am looking forward to the next book, and just started Jennifer Probst's first book "Heart of Steel", and so far it isn't knocking my socks off the way this one did.  The Marriage Bargain is $2.99 (Nook) and is Lend Me eligible - so share the romantic goodies with your gal pals, you won't be sorry!

No comments: