Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to Me

Avery just couldn't wait to spend the day with me and shower me with her snuggles, so much so that she graced me with her presence at 6:15am this morning and wasn't having it when Brad tried to talk her into letting him get up with her - she wanted her Momma and I was happy to comply, I did however manage to talk her into watching TV in our bed, rather than downstairs, which made it far more comfortable for me to doze between episodes of the Berenstain Bears.  Brad curled into bed with Olivia and Avery woke them up a little after 8am. When I got out of the shower my Mother's Day loot was piled on my pillow - a Nook Color and cards that brought tears to my eyes. I am beyond excited about the Nook, I've already downloaded my first book, I can imagine it will be my next Book Report.


Brad had made reservations for Brunch at Mezzanine, the Harris Family joined us and a great time was had by all.  It is always a little nerve racking to take children to restaurants that serve them water in non-plastic cups, but the girls survived and Molly and I sat as far away from them as possible and let the boys deal with the pancake cutting and the sugar in the water mess making. And I should also note that there was a beautiful Vineyard Vines bag on the car seat when I got in the car this morning!! I love me a husband who knows how much I love me some Vineyard Vines.

Avery and I zonked out on the couch for a bit when we got home, and then Brad took the girls outside to play while I just curled up on the couch for a little peace and quiet - it was glorious.

Avery & Jules playing outside in a HUGE box

After a few failed rest-time attempts, Avery and I went downstairs while Brad and Olivia napped.  Avery helped me sort through the newspaper, she is her Momma's girl, she loves to look through the sale fliers with me. And then the whole family spent the afternoon outside with the neighbors, the beauties sure missed their friends while they were with Bina and PawPaw last week, and couldn't get enough of friend time this weekend.

We had a lot of quality neighbor time this weekend. Last night we celebrated the impending arrival of Baby Sam - we sprinkled Justin & Insley with a few gifts and enjoyed each others company while we dined on Alexander's BBQ, which is simply delicious. I have decided that BBQ is a very easy meal - you buy the main course at a very reasonable price and preparing the sides is easy-peasy - Paula Deen Mac n Cheese, some Baked Beans, some Cole Slaw and Pasta Salad and ta-da, you have an amazing meal and you barely broke a sweat.  And who could forget the Costco sized bag of Dortios we polished off - I love me a Dorito. But the leftovers are going in the trash tonight - because tomorrow, the serious business diet starts, this chick has gained some serious LBS in the last two months and it is painful, my clothes don't fit and it is depressing with a capital D. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Happy Mother's Day!!