Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Restaurant Week: Water Grill

I love Restaurant Week, it gives me a great reason to get out during the week, contribute to a good cause and try out a new restaurant.  It is hit or miss, sometimes I end up loving it and other times it is more of a forgettable experience.  Last night fell into the later category as far as the food goes, but the company was stellar. 

Insley, Molly and I dined at The Water Grill, we are all huge fans of Shrimp & Grits and so we picked Water Grill because their Restaurant Week menu included Shrimp & Grits, but I hate to report the grits were cold, tasteless and mushy (I know, grits are always mushy, but still), the shrimp was good, but there were huge chunks of fatty, fried crisp bacon thrown in there, but it didn't have a bacon-y flavor, which was disappointing.  The She Crab soup to start was wonderful, not the best I have ever had, but I would order it again, and the Key Lime Pie that Insley and Molly had for dessert was great as well, my Coconut Custard Pie left a little to be desired - but that was my own fault for not sticking with the old faithful, etc.

I don't think we will get out again this week, but I am already looking forward to the next Restaurant Week - it happens twice a year, and we already have a short list of our options for the Fall.  By then, Baby Sam (baby in Insley's Belly) will be living in the outside world, and it will be entertaining for us to leave Justin, her husband home with all three kids - I can't wait.

No comments: