Friday, April 6, 2012

Five on Friday: Five Random Things I love

This is going to be a very random list, just some simple things that I really enjoy or that give me a lot of satisfaction...

1) Getting my rings cleaned - I am terrible about taking them off when I put hand lotion on, and while at work, I probably put hand lotion on 3-5 times a day, so my rings are G-R-O-S-S.  Brad and I stopped at Finks today to have them cleaned and I almost had to put my sunglasses on in the store to look at them when the uber cute sales lady brought them back to me, I am always amazed by just how dirty they get and by how crazy clean those fancy machines can get them. 



2) To-Do Lists - I love making them, I love crossing things off them, I love how they can bring a sense or order to chaos and that I would rather spend time making a to-do list than I would tackling one of the things that is actually going to be on the to-do list.  It's strange, I don't freak out when I have a long to-do list, but when I feel like I have a few things bopping around in my head and I haven't put them on paper, I quickly move to panic mode - doesn't make a lick of sense, but that is how my quirky self operates.


3) Self Serve Sprinkles - I can't get enough of Rainbow Sprinkles, I love them, I want to marry them, which is one of the main reasons I love Sweet Frog. I can put far more sprinkles than necessary on a very small amount of ice cream, because I am in control of the proportions, whereas if I were to ask the teenagers at Brusters to not be so stingy with the sprinkles I would get judged from here to tim-buck-too...in hindsight, I don't know why I care, but in general I don't rock the boat at places like Brusters, but I enjoy going to Sweet Frog, so that I can serve myself sans the dirty looks from teenagers.


4) Finishing up a cosmetic or toiletry - I love being able to throw a bottle away and start a new one. I love when you are almost done with a bottle and you know that just about any day is going to be the day that you can officially call it kicked, and send that hunk of plastic to the trash can and break into brand-spanking new bottle or tube. I get an insane amount of satisfaction from trying to chuck empty bottles or kicked razors from the shower into the trash can - while taking a shower of course. I have to tell you, most of the time I get nothing but can...meaning its a clean hit, but this morning I tried to use the wall as the backboard when I was trying to dispose of the kicked razor and it didn't serve me well...I missed.


5) Baby Names - I absolutely love talking about baby names, and what people are going to name their children. I love hearing stories about how kids names came to be, and stories about the names families considered but didn't choose for one reason or another.  It makes me sad to think that I likely won't be naming another child, but I am happy that my friends are still procreating so I can continue these discussions. It is too bad I don't have any decision making power, and that these days my friends aren't sharing the names of their soon to be offspring (what is up with that?), but I still love the discussions nonetheless.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I totally agree with them all! I stare at my rings forever after I get them cleaned. I also get a huge thrill out of throwing away used toiletry bottles. I always swear I won't buy more until I need them, but I still seem to have an entire closet shelf full of unopened products.