Sunday, August 28, 2011

When a Storm Hits...

Real Woman probably batten down the hatches....prepare meals for the hard working men in their lives, but Molly and I....we go Thrifting.  We left around 10am yesterday morning, pre-Irene and enjoyed a few stops on our Thrifting path...including a lovely stop at U-Fab (a fantastic fabric store).  I managed to knock out a few projects yesterday since we were cooped up inside, and I thought I would share...

BEFORE:


AFTER: 


What I used:
White Spray Paint for the Frame
Watermelon Spray Paint for the Mat
Fabric leftover from another project (you'll see in a minute)
An "O" from JoAnn's Fabrics ($1.00)
Ocean Sea Spray Spray Paint for the O
= Wall Art for Olivia's Room

BEFORE:


AFTER:


Just a scrap of fabric and some hot glue and ta-da, a fashionable pencil holder that coordinates perfectly in our home office.

BEFORE:


AFTER:

A Bulletin/Cork Board for our newly redone Home Office

I love the detail on the frame...


What I used:

Navy Spray Paint for the Frame
Cork Board from JoAnn Fabrics ($9.99 for the roll, I used a 40% off coupon and I still have some left over, that will likely take up residence in a kitchen cabinet or two)
Fabric ($7.99 a yard from a fabric store in Wilmington, NC, and I had plenty left over)
Fabric Modge Podge to adhere the fabric to the cork
Spray Adhesive to adhere the cork to the frame backing



No comments: