Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Knowledge is Power

It is amazing how little I know about photography, and it is insane how much there is to know, but I am enjoying the process of learning how to make my images look how I want them to look.


I know, not the best landscape or view, but my Depth of Field skills are visible in these two photos...




I love learning about the art of photography, but I have to admit, a lot of it goes WAY, and I mean WAY, like super duper far, over my head.  The concept of triangular space, holy smokes, I can't see a triangle in a photo to save my life.  We were reviewing famous photographers work last night and the other girls in the class were seeing the triangles lickety-split, and I was still staring at the photo without a fraction of a clue....couldn't see it, my brain/eyes just aren't artsy like that.

The paper clip was hanging from the ceiling, so its suspended on string, hanging down...



I still have so far to go, and I can't really say that I have come all that far just yet, but the good news is, my interest is still peaked, and I am all jazzed up to keep the learning process alive. I think I might also try and pick up a book to continue my learning once this class ends, any recommendations out there from my photo wizard friends?

No comments: