Sunday, August 21, 2011

Do Over?

We had what I am calling "a weekend to forget".  The girls were in rare (becoming less rare) form all weekend. Olivia couldn't get a sentence out without whining.  Avery was exhausted and insisted on being carried most of the weekend.  And to top it off, I think they both need hearing aids, because I have to believe that there is a medical reason behind their poor listening skills, because if not, they are going to pay when they are teenagers...back to school shopping will consist of a new set of uniforms...and you guessed it, they will be going to public school, no uniforms required in public school, but if these little beauties choose to not listen when they are older, their closets will be full of blue oxfords and khaki skirts, with the occasional pleated plaid mini tucked in there.



Friday Night I pulled in close to 6:30, in my mind, that means I was a good 2.5 hours late for the weekend kickoff, no one should get home at 6:30pm on a Friday, that is just cruel.  Brad hit the sheets early to rest up for his 9 hours of Camp Hilbert Mountain Bike Race on Saturday, and had I known I was in for 12 hours of Terrible Toddlers I would have hit the sheets the second I walked in the door at 6:30pm.

The girls and I attempted to join Brad in the woods around 9am to cheer him on, but Avery refused to tinkle and so we hung around the house while she threw fit after fit.  I think both of the girls had a handful of timeouts between them before 9am, not a good start to the day.  We finally made it to Camp Hilbert a little after 11am, saw Brad finish his 3rd lap and then hung out with him for a bit before he tagged his partner out and hit the trails again.  The girls and I headed home during Brad's 4th lap, and didn't even get to say goodbye....I was doing the other spectators and riders a favor, Olivia was throwing a major four year old tantrum and there was no end in sight, my ears were starting to bleed.

Don't worry, that isn't Brad, but since the girls were in such awful moods I didn't get a single photo of our 90 minute bike race experience and felt as though a photo was necessary to spice this post up a tad.

The rest of the weekend was a lot of the same, us asking the girls to do something, them ignoring us, us asking again, Olivia whining and telling us no, or that she doesn't like this or that, and then Avery demanding that I pick her up to take her to the bathroom (which was just steps away).  Both nights they were in their beds between 7:00pm and 7:30pm, well before their normal bedtime, but they needed it. I need a work day to help me put this weekend behind us...doesn't that sound like something that should NEVER come out of someones mouth?

High Note: I did get to spray paint a few projects this weekend, and I have taken some before photos to share with you, but I am waiting for the projects to dry so I can finish up the after shots and then it will be show and tell time...hold onto your seats. And just so you know the whole weekend wasn't a bust...Friday my gal pal Molly took a trip to Ikea and did me a solid and picked me up this beaut!

Now...do I paint it? Leave it black? And where should I put it? The good news is, regardless of what those answers are, I don't think it will change how I feel about this little piece of perfection. I am over the moon, in love with it. I can't wait to see where it lands, and what it looks like.


No comments: