Thursday, July 21, 2011

Some like it hot...

I guess that is true...some do like it hot, but right now it is pretty frickin' hot.  When I got in my car this afternoon it said 107 degrees, and then held steady at 101 for the rest of the ride home. Ick.  I was just outside putting a coat of paint on some of my home office beauties and I think I lost a few lbs in sweat...not that I should complain about that since my dinner consisted of Cold Stone Creamery, I could stand to work some of that off.

When its this hot...I so badly wish we had a pool in our backyard.  Growing up with a pool was so nice, I didn't realize how good I had it, and I hope that some day we can give our kiddos a pool, but for now we have to resort to creative solutions when the temps start to get to us.


Some of us act like fraternity brothers during h-e-double hockey sticks week...


Others hold our kids hostage and run through sprinklers...


We snuggle...even when its hot



Some of us carry our children like little sacks of potatoes


But in the end, we all love that summer days and nights mean plenty of time together as a family.

No comments: