Monday, July 4, 2011

I heart CVS

So over the last few months I have scouted the drug stores for the best deals and until the last two weeks I have not had a chance to try CVS out, their deals just didn't warrant a trip, but the last two weeks I found a few worthy deals and gave them a whirl and I have to admit I was surprised at how pleasant they are to deal with, and the couponing policy seems to be more friendly, or at least the employees are more friendly about their coupon policy than the closest Walgreens (I haven't had issues at other Walgreens, just the one super close to me, and ya know what, on top of being rude, they never have the sale items in stock, it frosts my cookies!)

So last week at CVS I picked up:

2 XTRA Detergents for $1.49 each - $1.00 off coupon = .49 each
1 RePHresh Tampon Package for $6.79 - $1.00 off coupon + $6.79 Extra Care Bucks = ($1.00)
2 EverSleek Shampoo for $5.99 each - $1.00 off coupon (each) = $4.99 each**
2 EverSleek Conditioner for $5.99 each - $1.00 off coupon (each) = $4.99 each**
2 Almay MakeUp Remover Pads for $5.99 each + $4.00 Extra Care Bucks = $6.99 for both**

**Not great deals, but good deals on products I use, and while I am generally not brand loyal, I have been using the same makeup remover pads since I was 14 and I can't seem to stray from them, and the shampoo is a must since I have to use Sulfate Free shampoo, which is never cheap, so when it is on sale AND you have a coupon, you MUST snatch it up.

So walking into the store today I had:

$5.00 off $25 purchase - sent to me via email
$1.00 Extra Care Bucks - sent to me via email
$2.00 Extra Care Bucks - Quarterly Bucks
$6.79 Extra Care Bucks - Tampon Purchase from last week
$4.00 Extra Care Bucks - Almay Purchase from last week
Buy 3 Hallmark Cards get 1 Free
Total of $18.79

On my list:
Johnson & Johnson Shampoo, Body Wash and Lotion Products - on sale for $2.99
Tampax Pearl Tampons - on sale for $3.99 + $2 Extra Care Bucks Back
Gillette Fusion Razor - on sale for $9.99 + $4 Extra Care Bucks Back
Miralax - on sale for $19.99 + $4 Extra Care Bucks Back
Oral-B Advantage Toothbrush - on sale for $2.99 +$2 Extra Care Bucks Back

So I picked up:

1 Oral B Toothbrush - $2.99-$2.00 Coupon + $1 Extra Care Bucks = Free
4 Johnson & Johnson Lotion $2.99 each -$1 off each coupon = $1.99 each**
2 Johnson & Johnson Body Wash $2.99 each - $1 off each coupon = $1.99 each**
3 Johnson & Johnson Shampoo $2.99 each - $1 off each coupon = $1.99 each**
4 Hallmark Cards - $.99 each for 3, 1 Free ($.74 each)
Miralax - $19.99 - $3 off coupon + $4 Extra Care Bucks = $12.99**
1 Snickers Bar - Free from Coupon Center Coupon

Total Purchase: $92.71
Saved: 58.59
Out of Pocket: $33.13
Extra Care Bucks for Next Week: $11.00

So I basically paid $22.13 for $93 worth of stuff, and that doesn't even include the original prices of the items that were on sale, the CVS Receipt doesn't track that stuff.  **The Johnson & Johnson items weren't an amazing deal, but it is stuff we use and I chose to use my Extra Care Bucks on it to stock up, I spent $18 on the items and walked into the store with $18+ in Extra Care Rewards, so it worked out perfectly!

Also, I almost got in a fist fight with a cashier at Kroger, I went there first to pick up some spinach and noticed that their Johnson and Johnson Nighttime Lotion was on Closeout for $1.59, and I had a $3.00 off 3 coupon, she told me she couldn't take it because their policy says they can only accept "cents off coupons" and to her that meant she couldn't accept anything over $.99 cents...which just makes no sense since I had been there on Friday and used $1.00 and $1.50 off coupons on several items, the policy goes on to state "no free product coupons", I tried to explain that the "cents off" just meant that it had to be a dollar value, not a free coupon, and she didn't get that, so she called the manager, who said he didn't know the policy at all, but let her scan them and said if the computer took them, he would let them go through. I can't wait to do more research and get to the bottom of it. So I got 3 Bedtime Lotions for $.59 each at Kroger as well, so our little beauties will be well moisturized for the foreseeable future!

No comments: