Sunday, January 9, 2011

Potato Soup Plus

I am trying out another new recipe from Easy Slow Cooker Cookbook tonight, called Potato Soup Plus

Potato Soup Plus


5 Medium Potatoes, peeled, cubed
2 Cups cooked, cubed ham
1 cup fresh broccoli florets, cut very, very fine
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can fiesta nacho cheese soup (I couldn't find it, so I used two cans of cheddar cheese soup)
14 oz of chicken broth
2 1/2 soup cans of milk
Paprika

Spray slow cooker with Pam and then place potatoes, ham and broccoli inside

In pan, on the stove, combine cheddar cheese soup, chicken broth and milk. Heat just long enough to ensure mix is smooth and the cheese soup is no longer lumpy. Pour into slow cooker and stir to mix all ingredients

Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours

When serving, sprinkle a little paprika over each serving.

I could totally go for an entire baguette of french bread from Panera to dip into this soup, but that isn't going to happen, so I will just have to dream about it. I also used some onion salt and sea salt to taste, lets hope that gives it some flavor, the other ingredients on their own can be a tad bland.


Here is the Recipe Book that has inspired me to try three new recipes this week alone. Pretty impressive, eh? This coming week is all about using what we have. I went grocery shopping today and spent about $50 and that should get us through the next week or two, outside of a special trip for more bread and milk. 

We are expecting snow on Tuesday here and that was Brad's planned night of travel, so we are quickly trying to rearrange our schedules so that if he doesn't travel on Tuesday, everything will still be covered the rest of the week. I can't believe we are planning our lives around snow here in Richmond, that is something I did growing up and I loathed it...what in the world is happening to our weather patterns?

Any advice on how to keep a 3 year old quiet and calm? She won't sit still and then she immediately falls into a coughing fit that sends her to the bathroom to throw up...its a never ending cycle here at the Turner House, we have a towel lined couch today and likely will until this cough vacates our home, I am not in the mood to wash the couch cushions again this time around.

No comments: