Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lil Fighters

I am a sucker for blogs about little ones that need our prayers, I just can't turn away, its like a train-wreck, but in a good way of course. I love reading from their Mom's words how they are feeling and the details of their little ones days in the hospital or at home, it makes my heart soar when prayers are answered and little ones that shouldn't have made it through the night surprised their doctors and are now breathing on their own, its stories like these that inspire me to be a better Mom to my girls...is it awful to say that sometimes I need to read these stories to gain perspective? To remind me that I am so very fortunate to have them and for them to be healthy and happy little ones terrorizing the house we call a home?  The way I see it is, at least I read these stories to gain perspective, a lot of people could use a perspective-giving-tool in their lives...

The three latest additions to my blog rotation are:

Pineapples & Pickles, which is about Team Preston, a little boy who was born with a broken heart, who could use your prayers as he begins his battle to mend that broken little heart.

The Journey of the Johnsons, which is about Team Field, a little boy who too is recovering from heart surgery.

The Stedje Family, which is about a family who just gave birth to triplets, very early, all three were born alive, but one has since passed, and the other two have a very long road ahead of them, they are weighing in at 2lbs each at 1 month old. 

I should also add, that I am a sucker for blogs about home decor, I love reading about home projects and room transformations. If I had extra time that is where I would spend it, decorating, organizing and do-it-yourself type projects. The first one I am going to tackle is a Chalkboard for our Pantry Cabinet Door..wish me luck.

No comments: