Monday, January 3, 2011

A good TuTu is hard to find...

 Fancy Nancy Avery

As you can see, the rainy weekend kept the girls cooped up, so what else do you do when you are stuck inside for two days straight? You dress-up of course.


Olivia reading a book about Baby Jesus

Avery enjoying a "cold one" after a lot of rough-housing

Sweet Jules, she is just precious isn't she? 

Justin and Brad enjoyed some adult beverages Sunday Morning (Mimosas to be exact) while I enjoyed some alone time in the Home Office, my new safe haven. And as you can tell the girls all entertained themselves while the boys watched "Drinking Made Easy" on TV. 

I have decided that I am going to build out the "T" wall as I described in a previous post. I am on the hunt for "T"'s of all shapes and sizes, all materials and all dimensions. I am guessing it will take some time to get it where I want it to be, and I am in no hurry, but I am looking forward to checking out TJ Maxx, Home Goods and the new Hobby Lobby...yes folks, Richmond now has a Hobby Lobby...the God's heard our prayers. Between Molly and I, we should be able to keep them in business. 

I am not going to lie and say that it was easy to adjust back into the working world this morning...a few people even commented to me that I wasn't myself. I just didn't want to be there, I wanted to be home with the girls, taking it all in, and enjoying each and every second with them in our PJ's I should add.  Tonight Olivia said: "Mommy, you are happy. I want you to be happy all the time, but a little bit of the time you are mad" I know its not realistic to be happy every second of every day, but I really do want the girls to see me happy far more often than they see me angry or mad as she put it. I then proceeded to ask her "What does mad look like?" and her face said it all...I couldn't stop laughing, she hit the nail on the head with her scowl. We skipped TV tonight since she told us that she watched TV at school today (after asking her what she did at school...nice response eh?) instead we read "Tickle Monster" by Josie Bissett, a great book if you don't have it for your little ones.

1 comment:

The B's said...

What???!! HL in Richmond! I had no idea.... can't wait to make a trip. Are they open?