Monday, January 10, 2011

Chicken and Waffles

Why in the world are they served together like a meal? I mean, Spaghetti and Meatballs makes sense, Peanut Butter and Jelly...again, makes sense, but Chicken and Waffles, I just don't get it.

I am feeling very crafty, like I could use a day or seven at home working on some home projects...too bad that likely won't happen until next Holiday Season when I can get a good solid break from work. The house is de-Christmasfied..and we've already started (and by we, I clearly mean ME) decorating for Valentine's Day. I can't wait to take the girls to Target to pick out their Valentine's Day Cards for their classmates.

Olivia is feeling better, she didn't nap today but was in bed early tonight.  It's odd, she hasn't been napping well at all and usually when she is sick she sleeps like a champ, she told me today she couldn't sleep because she was coughing so much, the poor thing, that cough kills her, as soon as she moves she starts coughing so we have to keep her very still, unless we want to run go the bathroom with her while she "spits" (as she calls it).

Can you believe Olivia is going to be 3.5 years old a week from tomorrow? I already have the supplies to make her Half Birthday Cupcakes and we plan on taking them to school so she can have a mini-class-half birthday party. This is the first year I haven't made invites for her Half Birthday, but I am sticking true to my resolution to really look at whether its a need or a want, and these invites are now going to be categorized as a want, so it isn't going to happen this year.  I am however already really excited about Avery's 2nd Birthday invites, my friend Jeni has done a fabulous job of designing them, I can't wait to share it with you.

As far as the Potato Soup Plus recipe...it was okay, not fabulous, however I think it could be...I am going to give it another try in a month or so, and substitute bacon for the ham and maybe add corn in place of the broccoli and I will probably half the recipe, it made a TON. Tonight was Shake N Bake and Avery ate about 4 times what I did, that little girl can put away some chicken. We paired our chicken with peas and whole grain chicken rice...not waffles, thank you very much.

No comments: