Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Miss This Face

Avery at Ryan's First Birthday Party

I am safe and sound in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho. 

I will be in Idaho through tomorrow night and then I plan to head to Seattle first thing on Thursday Morning to visit my dear friend Lisa. I have been looking forward to meeting her in person for almost 3 years now, and its a darn shame that I am meeting her after such a tragic event as the passing of her sweet son, Elliott. I wish so badly that I was going to visit her and her two little boys, I wish I was giving her and Dan their first night out since Elliott's arrival, but that isn't our reality. Frankly, I have had a hard time blogging lately, my thoughts are all jumbled and I can't quite put pen to paper (if you will). 

I read another blog this morning, about a sweet young family, 20 month old twin girls, Evie and Ramsey, and Evie passed in her sleep on December 9th, not an answer in sight, I can't imagine the heartache her family is feeling right now. And another family, whose 10 month old daughter was recently diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma (sp?)...please keep them in your prayers.

I am angry, furious at how unfair life can be, not only for those that I care about, but for those I don't even know...and I miss Avery's little face. For the record, I also miss Olivia's face. (I just didn't have a new photo to share of her mug, so I thought I would give you a glimpse of Avery)

My good friend from home shared an interesting perspective several months ago when Jilly and Chase passed away. She commented that we could choose to look at it in a slightly different way, that Chase was the lucky one,  he never had to suffer in this cruel world. I so badly want to believe that, and have faith, but it just still leaves me feeling as though he deserved a chance. 

No comments: