Friday, December 17, 2010

40,000 Feet

Here I am blogging from the First Class Cabin of a 757, how cool is that? I am on my way home from Seattle, and I just have to say that I am madly in love with that city, its amazing. I went to visit Lisa and her beautiful family, husband Dan and her little genius Owen and while I would have given anything to visit her on better terms it was great to finally meet her and I felt as though we had known each other for years. We stayed up until almost midnight talking, trading stories, crying together and of course, enjoying two bottles of bubbly. She is a remarkable woman!

I hope to be able to spend more time in Seattle one day, it's a great city, reminds me a little of San Francisco, but its just got a great vibe (and that isn't a word I tend to use). However, trying to get around in that city is a bit of a challenge, the road system isn't organized like some other cities, and its all built on hills, so if I lived there, it would take me YEARS to find my way around that city.

Tomorrow my Mom and I are taking Olivia to Disney on Ice, the Princess Edition. I am worried that her cold is going to make it less than enjoyable for her. Both her and Avery are home sick today and they both spent the day at home with Brad yesterday due to the snow.  And Sunday, we are hoping to take the girls to see Santa at Bass Pro Shops, but that might have to wait until one day this week, it will all depend on how they are feeling and whether we just need some downtime as a family cuddled up at home.

I am so thankful that my Parents are in Richmond for the Season, they have been such amazing helpers this week while I have been traveling, and that husband of mine, what a saint he is, he's been Dad of the Year this week, with two sick little darlings and a lot of pressure at work, he's kept it all together and done me proud. I am one lucky lady!

As I type I am watching the movie The Killers, with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl, cute, but what I would consider a good plane movie, not a good sit on the couch with your husband movie.

No comments: