Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wedding Bells

Brad and I had a wonderful night together in Alexandria, our dinner at The Chart House was wonderful, very relaxing and exactly what we needed before we separated for the weekend. Heather (my Freshman Roommate from JMU) and I set "sail" for Lewes, DE at 5am, we arrived at the Ferry around 7:45am, very early for the 9:15am Ferry, but better earlier...the last time I tried to take the Ferry for my Bachelorette Party Weekend we missed it and had to take a later Ferry. Whoops.

We arrived in Cape May around 11:15am, scrambled to get ready for our Bridesmaid Luncheon at the Physick's Estate Carriage House, we had our very own little tea luncheon, it was delicious and great to see the Bride to Be...she sure is a beauty. After the Bridesmaid Luncheon we had a little bit of time before the Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner, BUT my room wasn't ready yet, so I was stranded, good thing the front porch of the Chalfonte was so divine, rocking chairs, people watching and beautiful weather...not to mention a cold beer, courtesy of Karl (Lindsay's Husband). So around 4pm we quickly got ready and hoofed it over to the Church for the Rehearsal...we had a very nice little surprise, Allison's Dad and Austin's Mom surprised us all by singing a duet for Allison and Austin during their ceremony. It was amazing, and so memorable.

The Rehearsal Dinner was at The Black Duck, it was like a little piece of heaven. Champagne, Lobster Bisque, Crab Cakes and lots of Pinto Grigio. The crew then all hit The Boiler Room at Congress Hall, Congress Hall is a landmark in Cape May, and The Boiler Room was a lot of fun.


Saturday Morning we were on our own until Allison and I went and got our hair done, I was the only Bridesmaid to go with her, outside of her now SIL.  I wasn't thrilled with my hair, but heck, it wasn't my day, so I shouldn't really complain. The good news of the night was that the Bridesmaid Dress fit just fine and I only looked like a Light Sausage, not a full fat one. Silver Lining.

The weather was beautiful, they had a perfect wedding day. Us girls all got ready at a beautiful beach house and arrived at the Church just in time to walk down the aisle, the ceremony was beautiful, you could feel the love, Austin is madly in love with Allison and I couldn't be happier for them. A Bagpiper lead us in a parade from the Church to the Chalfonte, all the guests followed along, it was pretty impressive. (Side Note: Tristan, Brad's Groom, also had a Bagpiper who led them in a parade, so ironic huh?)

The Reception at The Chalfonte was great, the band DejaGroove, who rocked out and even preformed Single Ladies was amazing, the girls and I shook what our Momma's gave us until the reception ended around 10pm and then we took our party to Carney's, where ScreamBand was playing and kept us dancing until I walked home and put myself to bed early to ensure that I would be able to get up and catch the 8:30am Ferry, so very responsible of me right?

I got home around 3:15pm Sunday afternoon and it was so great to see the girls and Brad, I had missed them terribly. It was so nice to be home, and know that we are back on a good routine for at least a week until I head out for a week in Idaho. I do have a lot of work travel coming up, but other than that our weekends are going to be spent locally, thank the Lord.

I will download my photos and post just as soon as I get a free minute.

No comments: