Saturday, September 11, 2010

How it felt that day...

I can't believe we are approaching the ten year Anniversary of that frightful day, September 11th. I keep wondering if the details or the emotions will start to fade as the years go by, but I can recall each and every detail like it was yesterday.

I also stop and think about how my life has changed in the last 9 years...I am clearly no longer living in Herndon with my BFF, Megs...our lives have transformed from independent career women, to wives and mothers.

Leigh onto Soapbox....I was listening to the radio on the way to work on Friday, something I almost NEVER do, because I have XM in my Yukon, but since the Yukon is in the shop (long story) I am borrowing my parents Subaru, so anyways, they were talking about how folks are trying to raise $18M for a United Flight 93 Memorial. Please don't get me wrong, I am MORE than supportive of those heroes who gave their lives to save others, but honestly people a $18M Memorial? Don't you think that money would be more valuable to the families, or their children? $18M is a LOT of money for a Memorial, I am 146% in support of us honoring those heroes with a Memorial, but $18M? How about a $3M Memorial and $15M for their families? Leigh off Soapbox.

No comments: