Sunday, September 5, 2010

An Emotional Day

September 4th, 2010 is not only Adam and Kearstin's Wedding Day, its also Jill (Adam's older sister who passed away in April)'s Birthday. So it was only fitting that the day was full of mixed emotions. Sadness that a loved one was not there to celebrate such a special occasion and of course Joy that a wonderful couple was becoming one. Adam and Kear picked a special poem to honor Jill and Adam's cousin read it to begin the ceremony. I am not certain this is the exact version, but its close:

We thought of you with love today
But that is nothing new
We thought about you yesterday
And days before that too
We think of you in silence
We often speak your name
Now all we have is memories
And your picture in a frame
Your memory is our keepsake
With which we'll never part
God has you in his keeping
We have you in our hearts

As soon as I saw Adam, as I started my walk down the aisle I lost it, so you can imagine what a mess I was during this poem, and the more I think about it, the more I think this isn't the right one, the one they shared was even better, but you get the point. It was a beautiful tribute to Jill and how much everyone loves and misses her.

It was a tough day for a lot of people, I had a hard time watching Adam's Dad dance with his step-daugther, thinking it should have been Jill there doing the father-daugther dance. And during the mother-son dance I just thought about how Jill should have been dancing with her newborn baby boy, but nothing could take away from the happiness I felt for Adam and Kear and the life they are kicking off together.

I wish I had some pictures of the happy couple to share with you, but being that I was IN the wedding, I didn't get to take a single photo.

No comments: