Sunday, July 11, 2010

Just like the Pointer Sister's said...

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.

(Adam, Olivia and Jayden - 2008)
My BFF Adam and his fiancee Kearstin, along with their handsome 3 year old son, Jayden will be arriving by plane on Friday morning. I can hardly keep my composure. I am so stinkin excited that they are coming to celebrate Olivia's special day with us and so thankful that we can spend a full weekend together away from the craziness that makes up our hometown.  Adam and Kearstin spend many a months living overseas away from their loved ones and friends who call good ol' Western Mass their home, so when they do land back in the 413 (our home area code) they are busy-busy-busy. The run from event to event doing their best to please everyone and see everyone in the few months they have at home before heading back overseas (Adam plays professional basketball). I have a very similar experience when I make my way back to my old stomping grounds, I find myself running around like a crazy person, attempting to see everyone that I ever knew, because I am only home on average once a year, sometimes its even less than that. So when Adam, Kear and I are home at the same time we do our very best to see each other and spend time together, in fact I think they might win the award for putting in the most effort when the girls and I were home for a week in May of 2009. I cherish the time I have with them, but it always feels so rushed, and we are always torn in a million different directions so that makes this coming weekend so much more special. I am going to kick back and just have some good ol' fashioned quality time with my dear friends. 

(Adam, Kear and Avery - May 2009)
Many of you probably remember Adam (if you click on his name it will take you to a wonderful article) from the recent tragic passing of his sister Jill and his nephew Chase. And of course you are all now well aware of the amazing work he is doing to pay it forward and remind those who might need some reminding, that its always important to Chase Your Dreams. One of the next events happens to be a Golf Tournament, you can learn more about it and how you can help change the lives of others by clicking here.


(Olivia and Jayden - May 2009)

Have I mentioned that I am ecstatic to see them...only a few short days. I can't wait to watch Jayden and Olivia play together. Avery hung a bit with Jayden when we flew home in April for Jill's Funeral, but Olivia and Jayden haven't seen each other since May of 2009, so its been over a year...they will be fast friends, I just know it.

(Olivia and Adam - May 2009)

1 comment:

Kearstin said...

Could you be any cuter if you tried? I can't wait to see you either! I am not telling Jayden where we are going until we get on that airplane or he won't stop talking about the girls! LOL!