Tuesday, July 21, 2009

TWO


Friday Night while I was putting Olivia to bed I held her a little longer than normal, and the tears just started flowing. We were rocking in her glider after reading books and it hit me, she is two years old, going on 18, next step going away to college. I want to freeze time and savor every moment with her, I adore her and every second we have together.

Olivia in the Pool at her Party...

I took the day off on Friday to spend with her, a tradition that I started last year on her first birthday. We started the day with pictures at Portrait Innovations...and let me tell you, it wasn't easy, she didn't want to cooperate and for the first time at PI I was less than crazy about the photographer. We rushed home and hopped in the car with Kimberly and Madison (our neighbors) and headed off to the Pocahontas Pool where the girls had a blast playing together while Kimberly and I chatted and supervised. It was great until about 12:30 when the thunder rolled in and we all had to get out of the pool. We came home, ate lunch, listened to the thunder, all while Olivia was yelling "dun dun", and asking to see it. It was a tough concept to explain that she couldn't see the thunder aka "dun dun". Down for a nap she went...

Birthday Party Favors...



Saturday Morning she woke up, played outside and around the house, opened a few presents from YaYa and GaGa and Pattie Jo and Bill Messer and basically just ran around until it was time to head off to McDonald's with YaYa and GaGa for Lunch. She had a blast and gobbled up her Kids Meal, all while trying all the dipping sauces and making some sour faces, wish I would have gotten those on camera. Then down for a nap she went and we all ran around like crazy people to get everything ready for her party which started at 4pm. I had to wake Olivia up around 4:15pm, I was worried she would be a bit timid being that the house was full of people, but she handled it like a champ and within minutes she was off to the Pool. I don't think she got out of the pool once, or at least until we made her get out to cut the cake, guests were getting ready to leave, I wanted to make sure she cut the cake so everyone could enjoy it. She didn't make it through Happy Birthday without a few tears, but everyone warned me about that, so I wasn't surprised. Actually I had been practicing it with her for the days leading up to her birthday and the outcome was always the same, tears...poor thing just gets overwhelmed.


All of her friends were so generous and she got so many great toys. She really got into opening her presents this year, I can't wait for Christmas. Sunday was a lazy day...a much needed day of doing nothing after a crazy Saturday.

No comments: